Thursday 6 October 2011

Analyse of Past Students Work - GROUP 09 Music Video 2009-10

This previous students music video was very successful in my opinion and I feel as if it will help me when producing our music video. For example the above photo was from the beginning of the video when you just see a landscape shot. It's a natural shot in which has been converted into black and white. I feel as if this is a very good idea as its quite a calm introduction. I also like the detail which you get from the leaves on the floor as it makes it unique and not just a stereotypical music video beginning for example clouds in the sky. 



This image is a screen grab from the music video. I feel as if this clip from the video works really well. They had stuck a photo of the couple onto the girls mirror so when you saw the guy singing they had a split screen of the girl putting her hair up in the mirror but your eye is drawn to the photo stuck on the mirror. I feel as if this is a really good and subtle way of showing a memory of them together in the past.

This is another screen grab. I included this as I like the way when the artist is singing it's just a natural background with no high contrast. It's just all about the lyrics of the song. So therefore as we are strongly focusing on the lyrics we could use this technique. 


Despite the subject matter being irrelevant I like the way the lighting has been shot and also the filter they have added on during the editing process. Therefore we will add filters onto ours to both show the clear difference between the past and present and also it gives that romantic feel to the shot. Especially the lighting helps to do this.


I like the fact the edges of the frame have been faded, I also like the angle they have used as you can see both people as well as the facial expressions to show the happiness. Again the lighting is great. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 13Q1-07 Music Video 2011. All Rights Reserved | Powered by Blogger
Design by psdvibe | Bloggerized By LawnyDesignz